The Talking Rubbish Blog and Forum is monitored by a small number of moderators who are employed by Mindarie Regional Council. These people will step in when users breach the Forum Rules of Participation. This page explains these rules.
FORUM RULES OF PARTICIPATION
To ensure a safe and productive forum, we ask that you observe these forum rules:
- Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem. People like helping those who ask good questions
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to this forum and to the specific category or board where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations inviting members to join, participate in, or buy something are never relevant.
- Obey the law and keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any law, or any contractual agreement that you have made.
- Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent.
- Remember this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or use may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit:
- "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against MRC, another company or any person.
- Political statements or commentary.
- Off-topic comments not related to the forum issues
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Duplicate posts.
- Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
- Any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
- If you are an MRC employee you must identify yourself as one, you must always be clear that you speak for yourself only and not for MRC, and follow MRC policies and procedures.
- Do no Harm: You may not interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including, but not limited to, mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
- Cooperate with site Moderators and Administrators. You may not evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from Forum moderators or administrators.